Sunday, January 3, 2010

What did I get myself into?

Well since I was a little girl I have been overweight for every reason in the book, didn't eat right and hated working out or even just getting off the couch. After having Shad (who is now 18 months old) I put on more weight than I wish to admit and have not been motivated enough to do something about it. It wasn't until I was at Shad 18 mo check up that I felt i really NEEDED to lose weight. I brought up getting a Lap-Band to my doctor to see if that was an option for me and after going over my options he proceeded to tell me that I DID need to lose a "significant amount of weight". WoW I took that harder than I thought although I knew it it hurt more to hear it and that is when I decided that something had to change in my life. I think the most important contribution to weight loss is a support group or person. I decided that my husband had to be along for the ride in order for me to be successful. Because my husband could see the pain my weight was causing me (emotional and physically) he was will to do whatever it took. I thought that writing a blog to track my progress might help me stay focused and motivated so here is my weight loss story.

No comments:

Post a Comment