Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day 1

Today is the first day of a new life for me although I have not yet changed my eating or activity. I do however feel that today was VERY monumental in this process. Today I cleaned out my cupboards of all the food I had that was not conducive to a healthy lifestyle. Everything went! Because it is only about a week after Christmas I had tons of junk and candy in the house which was surprisingly very hard for me to throw away. I kept thinking "but it is perfectly good candy, cant we just give it to someone" and my husband said that it was not healthy and that no one should be eating it. He was right, but I was very shocked to hear him say that of all people. It was actually really nice to have such empty cupboards and fridge however it does have its drawbacks. This evening before I went to bed I had a bit of an emotional breakdown. I felt very overwhelmed with what I was about to do and very scared that I would not be successful. Luckily I had my husband there to support me and talk me through my feelings. I know I can do this.

Dan and I also agreed on a reward for me. When I reach a 30 lb weight loss I can get this really nice bike trailer I have been wanting. I was a little sneaking and calculated how much I could lose by the time we go to Disneyland because I think that trailer will be really nice to push around the park, luckily he thought it was a fair reward, he just hopes that I dont lose it all in one month or he will have to get a second job;)

1 comment:

  1. You are AMAZING!!! Mike really wants to lose some weight too and we both want to eat things that are better for us. I guess I need to start with all the junk in our cupboards too! You are inspiring! Keep it up!!! You're doing great!!!

    ReplyDelete